Saturday, 21 October 2017

Quick check in - phew it's still busy here. Crone level may be in sight.

I'm trying to live differently. Honest I am.

It's still busy.

Today I am grateful for my life and "busy-ness." I am writing a list of all I have to be grateful for. There is an awful lot.

Mostly I am grateful to be here today, tired, achy, stressed, lonely, older, Saturday, Monday....for still being here.....for being ALIVE....for having "Crone Level" in my sights...for being able to laugh at myself....for new people I am meeting...they are coming and going....I am learning from them. For my body and mind today saying..."NO"....you will not work today...you will PLAY. I'm grateful in advance for the months and years to come...whatever they may hold...all will be well.

These were my cards today:


Here are a few photos so far from October:















2 comments:

  1. I think feeling complete and beautiful is a hard one for most women. All day long we are bombarded with ads telling us our bodies are imperfect. Even well meaning websites offer courses to improve ourselves. This week alone I received at least 5 emails for courses for being more empathetic, one for living in a place of surrender, another asking if I am blocked in anything (selling essential oils that I love). There is absolutely nothing with wanting to better ourselves but what if I am just fine the way I am right now? And why do those courses cost so much? Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big business yes Birdie.
    My last bout of therapy seemed to be telling me to stop trying to improve myself all of the time. I came out of childhood feeling very unworthy and wrong then to be bombarded with the attitude towards women you describe above. I have spent most of my adult life trying to reach this point of self-acceptance. I have to work at it everyday. What pressure we put on our children eh?

    ReplyDelete