I've only been back at work five days and have been in bed by 8 or 9pm on two of those days, so have had plenty of sleep. I've been worried about my physical stamina as this cold is lingering in my sinuses and chest now and I've felt under the weather all week. Being back at work has been hard too and I've been expecting a rough ride and worrying that I just haven't the physical strength to work at the pace demanded in my job. The week was not as hard as I expected physically but emotionally it has been a tough week.
So I was glad when I listened to this earlier.....
and it helped to release some of the emotion in the form of tears. Loving these lyrics:
At the same time it made me laugh.....as I had listened to Bill Bailey on the radio talking about his show Limboland and how in part of it, he does a song "Adele style" and it goes something like....."I broke up with you but I won't go on about it." It makes me chuckle now every time I hear Adele, whilst also loving her lyrics and voice. Mr Stayingawake doesn't like the misery of Adele and to be fair she does go on a bit."Let me photograph you in this light, in case this is the last time that we might be exactly like we were before we realised we were sad of getting old, it made us restless....it was just like a movie, it was just like a song."
I was a bit confused about how Adele was feeling "sad of getting old" as she is only twenty-seven. I suppose her brilliance is that, like a great author, she is able to put herself in the shoes of someone else and write about experiences she may not necessarily have experienced herself.
Anyway this then led me onto more of Bill Bailey.....
and then I had to listen to this.....the performance of this that is my favourite was not able to be uploaded onto the blog from you tube.
I haven't watched the film made about Amy Winehouse, and have read reviews which describe it as exploitative of her. I had thought that the film would help with the work of the foundation that was set up in her name. However her father has been unhappy with the film, it is reported. I will watch and think about all of the talented young people caught up in situations and finding it hard to be part of this world.
Mr Stayingawake and I first saw Amy Winehouse on a New Year's Eve, singing on the Jools Holland show:
Ending my day listening to Sinead O'Connor - I might have posted this before...
It's been a relaxing day of listening to amazing female singers, walking by the sea and enjoying some down time. Truly astounded by this life, it's joys and sadness, the complexity and diversity of human lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment