Sunday, 31 May 2015

On the last day of May


"Here we go gathering nuts in May on a cold and frosty morning." 

It's been very cold and frosty here this May, in fact we have had to have the heating on during the month, which is unusual for me. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather hopefully, during the summer months - all fingers and toes crossed. I've taken the advice given by my blogging friends and went off for a walk yesterday. I took this photo of how spring looks along the coast here. The sky was so white, that I decided to pink the photo up a little, otherwise it would have not stood out the same on the white blog blackground. 

Pink is significant this May also as a few days ago I was celebrating with the Irish people, when they voted overwhelmingly in a referendum for the constitution to be changed to allow gay people the right to marry. This restored my faith in humanity a little, following the election of a Conservative Government here in the UK. I continue to be disapointed and fearful for the future of this country and wonder what might have been, given a different result.

"This is what you shall do: love the earth and sun, and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence towards the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown, or to any man or number of men; go freely with the powerful uneducated persons, and with the young, and mothers, of families: read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life: re-examine all you have been told at school or church, or in any books, and dismiss whatever insults your soul."
- Walt Whitman 

3 comments:

  1. I hope your weather changes soon. We can all use a lot more sun and a lot less clouds and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tolerant world is a better world. It must be a good experience to walk by the coast - something I would love to do.

    ReplyDelete