Sunday, 30 December 2012

A belated Happy Christmas

I've been rather quiet this Christmas season here on the blog. It's been hard to put into words how I am feeling, or even to put anything about anything into words here on the blog. I've been thinking of you all though and wishing you peace, love and joy.

I am still feeling quiet and so very,very grateful, as we move into the last day of the year. A couple of days before Christmas Eve this feeling of gratitude and thankfulness started; the realisation come over me of how thankful I was that we three here at Stayingawake Towers had survived the onslaught that 2012 brought. We are all in one piece. We are still strong and steady people. No matter how hard continuing on seems sometimes, and how tired we are, we are so very grateful to have made it to share this particular Christmas together. We are very grateful too that our visitor came to see us at last in August and that Mr Stayingawake has now renewed his relationship with his lovely daughter.

I wanted to send my blessings to you all out there in blogland; and I hope that you have had a peaceful and loving Christmas with your families and friends. Before the New Year's celebrations begin I want to belatedly share a Christmas Carol which became my favourite this year. I've never really had a favourite Carol before.

This one became my favourite when I listened to it being sung by a local choir a week before Christmas. I watched one particular choir member's face, watching her and listening to the words helped me think about the children and families in Newtown; those suffering violence or abuse; and those in countries where war and conflict are daily occurrences.The lyrics help me learn how to continue living with hope, when such terrible things are happening in our world everyday.

Just after Christmas I found this little girl, Rhema Marvanne singing it. She sings so beautifully and I hope you enjoy listening and watching her too.

Happy belated Christmas greetings.


3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that 2013 will bring everyone a little respite from some of the junk 2012 threw at us all. I like the sound of the mug you mentioned on my blog - we all need to put ourselves first once in a while so we can build up strength to look after everyone else! Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated Merry Christmas to you too Jan. I happen to love the same song and I really enjoyed the little girl's rendition. She has a powerful voice. I do hope 2013 will be kinder to us all but let us never lose the hope that lies deep within. God bless and keep you and your family safe as we transition into the New Year. And may he grant you the desires of your heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been my favourite Christmas song for many years now. "Fall on your knees..." It expresses such gratitude.

    Happy New Year, Jan.

    ReplyDelete